Oaklawn News

Hot Springs, Ark. (Friday, Feb. 12, 2021) – Due to the frigid temperatures and out of concern for the safety of its equine athletes and jockeys, Oaklawn has received permission to cancel Friday’s nine-race card.

Oaklawn had already canceled the Saturday – Monday cards based on the weather forecast and rescheduled three graded stakes – the $250,000 Bayakoa (G3), $600,000 Razorback (G3) and $750,000 Southwest (G3) – to Saturday, Feb. 20.

Oaklawn will remain open for casino gaming and simulcast racing. The casino will remain open until 5 a.m.

Live racing is scheduled to resume Thursday, Feb. 18 with a 1 p.m. first post.


-30-