Residence: Little Rock, Ark.
Made consecutive appearances in the Kentucky Derby with Far Right and Whitmore
- Success in Oaklawn’s 3-year-old Kentucky Derby prep series continued in 2017 with Uncontested’s victory in the $150,000 Smarty Jones Stakes. Also campaigned graded stakes winners Gentlemen’s Bet and Far Right, who, in 2015, became his first Kentucky Derby starter in 2015 after winning the Smarty Jones and Southwest Stakes (G3) before finishing second to eventual Triple Crown winner American Pharoah in the Arkansas Derby (G1).
- Made his second straight Kentucky Derby appearance in 2016 with Whitmore, who finished second in the Southwest and Rebel (G2) and third in the Arkansas Derby.
- His full name is Harry Truman Rosenblum, and he is named for President Harry S. Truman, who was also his godfather.
- Harry and his wife, Kay, have always loved horses and a few years after they were married in 1976, he bought 50 percent of their first horse, Sylvester Road, who won by eight lengths only one week later.
- Rosenblum majored in pre-med and graduated with a B.S. in biology from Hendrix College in Conway, Ark. Although he was accepted to medical school, he declined and went into business instead. He has been in the financial services and investment business for some 40 years. Kay was Miss Arkansas in 1969.