Born: April 10, 1974
Total Wins: 175 | Stakes Wins: 7
- From a training family, Mac Robertson is the son of Chicago-based Hugh Robertson and grew up working on his parent’s Pennsylvania farm.
- Robertson was Oaklawn’s second-leading trainer in 2013 with 28 victories, his highest single-season total since starting his first horse in Hot Springs in 2005. Robertson has won at least four races at every Oaklawn meeting since then, including 12 in 2018 when he finished 10th in the standings.
- Set a personal Oaklawn record for purse earnings in 2018 ($903,554) during a meet highlighted by Amy’s Challenge win in the $125,000 Dixie Belle Stakes and Glacken’s Ghost win in the $100,000 Arkansas Breeders’ Stakes.
- Shared the training title at the 2018 Canterbury Park meeting with Robertino Diodoro. Each had 57 victories. Robertson has won 12 training titles since 2005 at Canterbury and is a member of its Hall of Fame.
- Collected his 1,000th career victory June 18, 2016, at Canterbury.
- Oaklawn fan favorite and millionaire Win Willy provided Robertson with local victories in the 2009 Rebel Stakes (G2), 2011 Fifth Season and the 2011 Oaklawn Handicap (G2). Other top horses under Robertson’s care have included graded stakes winner Bryan’s Jewel and multiple stakes winners Picko’s Pride and Hot Shot Kid.