Residence: Anthony, Kan.
Won two stakes at the 2016 Oaklawn meeting
Won five races at the 2018 Oaklawn meeting to tie for 10th in the owner’s standings.
- Patterson won the $100,000 Fifth Season Stakes with Street Strategy and the $100,000 Rainbow Stakes with Maize Road in 2016 at Oaklawn.
- Was introduced to racing by his mother, who took him to the track near their home, Anthony Downs, as a child and he never missed a meet until it closed in 2009.
- Patterson entered racing as an owner in 1985 by claiming a horse for $11,500 and that horse quickly earned $20,000. And, his good fortune with claimers has continued. Prior to his most successful claim with eventual Grade 1 winner Moonshine Mullin, Patterson claimed Kate’s Main Man for $35,000 in 2010 at Oaklawn and he won the $100,000 Essex Handicap in 2011 at Oaklawn. He won several other minor stakes and retired in 2013 with nearly $650,000 in earnings.
- The Kansas cattleman claimed Moonshine Mullin for $40,000 in November 2013, and after winning three straight races at Oaklawn in 2014, he won the Gr. 2 Alysheba Stakes at Churchill Downs on the Kentucky Derby undercard and then the Gr. 1 Stephen Foster Handicap over champion Will Take Charge.
- Purchased a breeding farm southwest of Hot Springs in late 2013 and named it Cedar Run. The farm is run by his daughter, Sara.