Born: April 2, 1971
Record at Oaklawn
Total wins: 102
Stakes wins: 3
• Ingrid Mason won 15 races to tie for seventh in the Oaklawn standings in 2019, becoming the second female trainer to reach 100 career victories in Hot Springs. Also set a single-season personal best for purse earnings at Oaklawn ($581,712).
• Mason enjoyed best her Oaklawn meeting to date in 2018, saddling 16 winners to tie for seventh in the standings.
• Sarah Sis gave Mason her first career graded stakes victory when she won the 2015 Honeybee (G3) at Oaklawn and then went on to win four other graded stakes, including the Raven Run (G2) in 2015 at Keeneland and the $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters (G2) in 2016 at Presque Isle.
• Mason won Oaklawn’s Dixie Belle Stakes and Martha Washington Stakes in 2016 with Marquee Miss.
• Mason picked out Sarah Sis and Marquee Miss for Oklahoma owner Joe Ragsdale, who paid $20,000 for the fillies at OBS’ June sale of 2-year-olds. Sarah Sis retired with $912,667 in earnings and sold for $750,000 at Fasig-Tipton’s 2016 Fall Mixed Sale. Five-time stakes winner Marquee Miss earned $373,516 before selling for $750,000 at Keeneland’s 2018 November Breeding Stock Sale.
• Traveled to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in the early 1990s to work as an exercise rider for Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, part of the country’s ruling family.
• Mason, who grew up in northern California, won nine races as a jockey in the United States before taking out her trainer’s license and saddling her first career winner in 2005.
• Mason’s first career stakes victory came in December 2009 at Sam Houston Race Park with Crook’s Bodgit in the $100,000 Star of Texas. Encouraged by Coby Tresner, owner of Crook’s Bodgit, Mason decided to winter in Hot Springs for the first time in 2010.