Born: Aug. 22, 1987
Total Wins: 106 | Stakes Wins: 12
- Jockey Channing Hill’s 2018 Oaklawn meet was highlighted by a victory aboard Farrell in the $125,000 Pippin Stakes for his father-in-law, trainer Wayne Catalano. Farrell surpassed $1 million in career earnings when Hill guided the daughter of Malibu Moon to victory in the Shuvee Stakes (G3) July 29 at Saratoga. Hill also rode Farrell to four stakes victories as a 3-year-old in 2017, including the Chilukki Stakes (G2) at Churchill Downs over older females.
- A native of Nebraska, the 2005 Eclipse Award finalist for outstanding apprentice jockey, got his start at Prairie Meadows when he was 16, riding full time during the summers while still in high school. After graduating in 2005, he made the move to New York and made his career riding there and in New Jersey.
- The biggest win of his career came in 2008 when he rode First Defense to victory in the Grade 1 Forego Handicap at Saratoga. That same year, he also won the Black-Eyed Susan (G2) with Sweet Vendetta and the Barbara Fritchie Handicap (G2) with Golden Dawn.
- Hill and his wife, Shelbi, have two sons, Wayllen, born on Kentucky Oaks Day 2014, and Sawyer, born in June 2017.
- Hill’s father, Allan, rode at Oaklawn during the 1970s, winning three races at the 1979 meeting.