Born: June 24, 1979
Record at Oaklawn
Total wins: 57
Stakes wins: 3
• Jockey Richard Eramia recorded his best Oaklawn meeting to date in 2019 with 27 victories, including the inaugural $250,000 Oaklawn Mile aboard the Mike Maker-trained Exulting, to finish fifth in the standings.
• Eramia made Oaklawn his winter base in 2018 after finding success in 2017 when riding on a limited basis. Despite only riding half the 2017 meet, he finished 12th in the standings with nine wins, including the $150,000 Carousel Stakes aboard Illussion Artist, and had $808,741 in purse earnings. Eramia ranked ninth in the 2018 standings with 21 victories, including the $200,000 Honeybee Stakes (G3) aboard Cosmic Burst.
• Leading rider at Lone Star Park in 2017 and 2018 and among the top five riders the last few years at Louisiana Downs. Rode five winners at Louisiana Downs June 21, 2017.
• Rode three winners Nov. 20, 2017, at Remington Park, reaching 2,000 in his North American career aboard Conquest Hiosilver.
• Earned his first graded stakes win in 2012 aboard Gantry in the Grade 2 Smile Sprint Handicap.
Won the 2014 Lone Star Park Handicap (G3) and Texas Mile (G3) with Grand Contender.
• A native of Uruguay, Eramia began his riding career there and also rode in Argentina and Brazil before moving to the U.S. in the early 2000s. Eramia has also enjoyed success at other Midwest tracks like Remington Park, where he ranked second in the standings in 2017 and was second with a month remaining in the 2018 meeting.