Residence: Pauls Valley, Okla.
Biggest Oaklawn win: 2013 Spring Fever Stakes
- Won six races at the 2018 Oaklawn meeting to tie for eighth in the owner’s standings. One of the victories was with Sonny Smack, a half-brother to Dream Walkin’s near-millionaire and multiple stakes winner Smack Smack.
- Dream Walkin’ Farms, Inc. sits off of I-35 on 300 acres in Pauls Valley in central Oklahoma. It is managed by Lynden Branch for Toby Covel. Covel has been racing horses for roughly 20 years and built the farm about 18 years ago.
- Covel’s Dream Walkin Farms colors have become a familiar sight here at Oaklawn. Among the top horses representing the stable recently is Smack Smack, winner of the Grade 3 Cornhusker in 2016 and a career winner of $982,159 for trainer Don Von Hemel. Smack Smack, in his 2017 debut, finished second in Oaklawn’s $125,000 Fifth Season Stakes.
- Cactus Ridge is another notable horse to run for Dream Walkin’ Farms. He won the first four starts of his career, including three stakes and was among the favorites for the 2002 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile (G1) before having to retire the week of the race with an injury. He currently stands at Royal Vista Ranches in Wayne, Okla.
- Reckless Jerry, a son of Cactus Ridge, gave them a taste of “Derby Fever” in 2012 with his second-place finish in the Smarty Jones Stakes and third in the Southwest Stakes. He also won the 2013 Spring Fever Stakes with Seeking Ms Shelley.
- Covel is better known to most as country music superstar Toby Keith.