Born: Nov. 23, 1960
Record at Oaklawn
Total wins: 688
Stakes wins: 33
• Jockey Jon Court won 10 races as an apprentice at Oaklawn in 1981 and was its leading rider in 2000 with 69 victories. Had another strong meeting in 2019 with 19 victories.
• Highlight of 2019 of winning the first division of Oaklawn’s $750,000 Rebel Stakes (G2) for 3-year-olds aboard Long Range Toddy for Hall of Fame trainer Steve Asmussen. Added a second stakes victory at the meeting aboard the speedy Gray Attempt in the $125,000 Gazebo for 3-year-olds.
• Reached 4,000 career victories Dec. 3, 2016, at Turfway Park. Through Dec. 1, Court ranked 63rd in North American history in victories (4,178) and 49th in purse earnings ($107,488,127).
• Won consecutive runnings of the $1 million Arkansas Derby in 2010 and 2011 with Line of David and Archarcharch, respectively. Line of David edged Super Saver, who would win the Kentucky Derby (G1) three weeks later.
• Court grew up around horses in Florida, but got his start riding in Colorado in 1980. He later rode in Louisiana for 12 years before setting up shop in the Midwest where he was a perennial leading rider at Ellis Park and Hoosier. He moved to California in 2004 and was among the riders featured in the TV show “Jockey” before returning to the Midwest in 2009.
• Top mounts include 2013 Rebel Stakes winner and champion 3-year-old male Will Take Charge, 2003 Japan Cup Dirt winner Fleetstreet Dancer and 2005 champion male turf horse Leroidesanimeaux.
• Was honored with the 2007 George Woolf Award.