Born: Nov. 23, 1960
Total Wins: 669 | Stakes Wins: 31
- Jockey Jon Court won 10 races as an apprentice at Oaklawn in 1981 and was its leading rider in 2000 with 69 victories. Had another strong meeting in 2018 with 27 victories.
- Highlight of 2017 was riding Oaklawn maiden winner Colonelsdarktemper to victory in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (G3).
- Reached 4,000 career victories Dec. 3, 2016, at Turfway Park. Through Nov. 16, Court ranked 65th in North American history in victories (4,128) and 51st in purse earnings ($104,303,079).
- Won consecutive runnings of the $1 million Arkansas Derby in 2010 and 2011 with Line of David and Archarcharch, respectively. Line of David edged Super Saver, who would win the Kentucky Derby (G1) three weeks later.
- Court grew up around horses in Florida, but got his start riding in Colorado in 1980. He later rode in Louisiana for 12 years before setting up shop in the Midwest where he was a perennial leading rider at Ellis Park and Hoosier. He moved to California in 2004 and was among the riders featured in the TV show “Jockey” before returning to the Midwest in 2009.
- Top mounts include 2013 Rebel Stakes winner and champion 3-year-old male Will Take Charge, 2003 Japan Cup Dirt winner Fleetstreet Dancer and 2005 champion male turf horse Leroidesanimeaux.
- Was honored with the 2007 George Woolf Award.