Born: Jan. 5, 1994
Record at Oaklawn:
Total Wins: 171 | Stakes Wins: 3
- Jockey Alex Canchari recorded another top 10 finish in 2018, finishing with 25 victories. Two victories came aboard future Grade 1 winner Eskimo Kisses. Canchari tied for third at the 2017 Oaklawn meeting with 45 victories, his best season to date in Hot Springs.
- After moving his tack from Southern California to Oaklawn in February 2015, Canchari finished tied for eighth in the standings with 21 victories. Fifth-leading rider in 2018 at Indiana Grand.
- Launched his professional riding career Dec. 26, 2011, at Hawthorne. His first career victory came Jan. 13, 2012, at Oaklawn when Run Mama Beare Run ($14.20) won the first race of the meeting. Canchari’s second mount on the opening-day card, Simply Gone ($76.80), won the sixth race.
- Was Oaklawn’s leading apprentice jockey in 2012 with 16 victories, tying for 13th in the standings.
- Leading rider at the 2012 Hawthorne fall/winter meeting, topping the likes of Florent Geroux and Francisco Torres.
- Recorded his first career stakes victory aboard Devil and a Half in the $60,000 Arkansas Breeders’ April 7, 2013, at Oaklawn.
- Raised in Shakopee, Minn., home of Canterbury Park, where his father, Luis, rode in the early 1980s after emigrating from Peru. Canchari grew up on the Canterbury backside before becoming the track’s second-leading rider in 2014. His brother, Patrick, is also a jockey.