Born: Nov. 26, 1992
Total Wins: 43 | Stakes Wins: 3
- Riding at Oaklawn for the first time in 2018, jockey David Cabrera made an immediate impact with 43 victories and a runner-up finish behind perennial champion Ricardo Santana Jr.
- Recorded his first Oaklawn riding double when he swept the late daily double Jan. 27, including the $125,000 American Beauty Stakes aboard Swing and Sway. Had his first Oaklawn riding triple Feb. 10. In addition to the American Beauty, Cabrera recorded two other stakes wins at the meet – Wilbo in the $125,000 King Cotton and Swing and Sway in the $150,000 Carousel.
- Through Nov. 16, Cabrera ranked 27th nationally in purse earnings in 2018 with a career-high $5,886,672. Had also recorded a career high for victories (218), which ranked ninth nationally.
- Cabrera had a career year in 2017, recording personal bests for mounts (1,089), victories (197) and purse earnings ($4,085,101), Ranked 19th nationally in victories and 54th in purse earnings in 2018, when he finished second in the standings at Prairie Meadows and third at Remington Park.
- A native of Mexico, Cabrera began riding in the U.S. in 2013 and was the leading jockey and apprentice jockey at Lone Star Park in 2014. Was leading rider at Retama Park in 2014 and ‘15. Was the leading rider at Remington through Nov. 16. Cabrera had previously wintered at another Texas track, Sam Houston, before relocating to Oaklawn in 2018.
- Represented by agent Joe Santos, the son of retired Hall of Fame jockey Jose Santos.