Sunday, May 5
BIENVENIDOS an Oaklawn's Cinco De Mayo FIESTA! Sunday, May 5, from 4-9 p.m., Oaklawn will host the Cinco de Mayo Power Party and Car Giveaway. There will be $3 Margaritas and Mexican Lager specials from 4-10 p.m., a $4.99 Mexican buffet dinner in Lagniappe’s from 5-9 p.m., and a chance to win a 2018 Jeep Cherokee from 5-9pm. The Car Giveaway will be held at 9 p.m.
$4.99 MEXICAN DINNER
Any guest with an Oaklawn Rewards card can pay $4.99 for the dinner in Lagniappe’s from 5-9 p.m.
Dinner will consist of: Taco Nacho Bar
HOW TO ENTER
Guests must activate entries at any swipe station in the game room between 8 a.m. and 8:50 p.m. on Sunday, May 5. Additional entries can be earned for every 20 points earned from April 1 through May 5 on their Players Card. Deadline for all entries is 8:40 p.m. on May 5.
- Every 15 minutes from 5-8: 45 p.m the Fun Squad will draw three names.
- Each of the guests will win a prize amount based on their tier.
- Then, each guest will open a box. One box will have a set of keys in it; the other two will have “zonks”.
- The guest with the set of keys will be a finalist in the drawing for the Jeep at 9 p.m. They will pick a license plate of the board.
- Guests may win once per promotion day.
- Guest may only qualify for the final drawing once.
CAR GIVEAWAY RULES
- At 9:00 p.m., the Fun Squad will call back the 16 qualifiers from that day, plus the 8 qualifiers from the Elite event on April 26.
- If all license plates are not given out at 9 p.m., the Funs Squad will draw 1 name until all license plates are given out.
- The Fun Squad will narrow those 24 qualifiers down to 12, by calling out a color (Purple or Green). If the Fun Squad draws a “purple”, the guests with green license plates are eliminated.
- The Fun Squad will then narrow down those 12 to 6 by calling a County (Garland or Hot Springs). If the Fun Squad draws “Garland”, the guests with Hot Spring will be eliminated.
- Then, the Fun Squad will draw the license plate letters (OAK or LWN) to narrow qualifiers down to 3. If the Fun Squad draws “OAK”, the guests with LWN are eliminated.
- Last, the Fun Squad will draw the license plate number (101, 102, 103). The number that they draw will be the winner of the Jeep.
- The other 23 qualifiers will each get $50 free play consolation prize.
- Silver, Gold, and Elite guests MUST be present to win.
- If one guest does not show, the Fun Squad will pay the two present guests. They will then remove one “zonk” box.
- If two guests do not show, the Fun Squad will pay the one present guest and that quest will automatically qualify for the Jeep drawing.
- If all three guests do not show, the Fun Squad will not call replacement names, and nobody will qualify during that drawing.
- At 9 p.m., the Fun Squad will draw individual names until all license plates are given out. (i.e. if during three of the drawings, nobody showed up, the Fun Squad will have three license plates left. They will call names until three guests show to claim the final license plates.
- The guests drawn at 9 p.m. will not be awarded any free play, they will only qualify for the final drawing.
AUTOMATED PULLING OF WINNERS
- Winners will be picked randomly through a computer database system that counts all entries by all activated guests.
- If the computer system goes down before/during a drawing, the drawing event will be delayed until the system comes back up.
- At that time, the drawings will resume in the same time format as said event (example, if drawings are supposed to be every 15 min, then they’ll be every 15 min starting as soon as the system comes back up).
If drawings aren’t able to be completed on drawing day due to a system outage, Oaklawn will reschedule the drawings and will communicate the new date through signage.
For a complete set of rules, see Players Services.