Position Title: Production/Sous Chef/ Full Time
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Executive Chef
Responsible for the supervision of all kitchen team members. Must have the ability to ensure food quality, food costs and control waste and labor cost.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for supervision of all kitchen team members.
- Ability to ensure food quality, food cost and control waste.
- Responsible for developing, planning and executing menus.
- Ability to accurately schedule team members to business levels.
- Knowledge of all aspects of kitchen operation including controls, training, cost analysis, sanitation, compliance and production planning.
- Responsible for preparation of all food products according to standard recipes.
- Ability to produce all products necessary for the day’s business in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of cuisines..
- Work prime time hours to include weekends, evenings and holidays to reflect the business needs of the Food and Beverage Department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to type and operate personal computer with various software programs.
- Minimum of two year culinary degree or culinary apprenticeship program
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful and professional manner.
- Serv-safe (Must obtain within 120 days of employment).
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor and work effectively with all departments, vendors, internal and external customers.
- Experience with high volume production with an emphasis on banquet production.
Employment is contingent upon a background check and upon passing drug screening along with obtaining a ASRC license.