Title: Electronic Gaming Equipment Technician
Status: Full Time/ Late Nights
Description Summary: Provide daily detailed preventive maintenance to electronic games of skill, maintain up-to-date general knowledge of all electronic gaming equipment on the floor, and properly document and communicate all gaming hardware issues to the Gaming Technical Manager.
Primary Duties: Ability to repair and maintain all electronic machines. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of Oaklawn Racing Gaming system of internal controls, policies, procedures and Arkansas Racing Commission Regulations.
Skills and Requirements:
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees and customers.
3. Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers and employees.
4. Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. During normal operating hours, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the floor, the noise levels increase to loud. This is a smoking environment.
1. Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the room.
2. Must be able to reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
3. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move a minimum of 50 pounds.
4. Must be able to work overnight and early morning shift.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
6. Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast paced, environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and others in all situations.
Education Requirements: Minimum High School Diploma/GED. Plus 1 year electronic or tech experience.
Other: Must be 21 or older and must be approved for and maintain a valid ARC and EGS license.
Posting Date: 12/5/12