Decision on the Southwest Stakes Depends on the Weather

For the third time since 2006, a winter storm has forced Oaklawn to cancel its Presidents’ Day card and postpone the $300,000 Southwest Stakes (Gr. 3).

The Southwest will be rescheduled for this coming weekend. If the weather clears enough to allow training Tuesday morning, the race will be run Saturday, Feb. 21. If the track doesn’t open until Wednesday or Thursday for training, the Southwest will be run Sunday, Feb. 22.

The game room is open Monday. The track will also remain open for simulcast wagering.

Live racing at Oaklawn is scheduled to resume Thursday with a 1:30 p.m. first post.