RESIDES Jones, Okla.
- Villafranco, 50, trains privately for Danny Caldwell, Oaklawn’s leading owner in 2014, ‘15 and ‘16.
- Helped Caldwell to his personal Triple Crown the last three years, as he finished leading owner at Oaklawn, Prairie Meadows and Remington Park in both 2014 - 2016.
- As of late 2016, had already surpassed his 2015 earnings with stable earnings of $2.3 million.
- Caldwell and Villafranco, who began training on his own in 2004, are aggressive in the claiming, but several of their claims have gone on to win stakes. Fifth Date was claimed for $18,000 and two starts later won the 2012 $156,000 Oklahoma Classic Cup, Dancin’ Lil, a $20,000 claim, won the 2014 $100,000 Saylorville Stakes and Diamond Disco won the $115,000 Oklahoma Classic Distaff Sprint after being claimed for $30,000.
- Won six races at the 2013 Oaklawn meeting, his first while training privately for Caldwell.
- Brother Luis Villafranco is a highly successful quarter horse trainer.