Born: Jan. 14, 1984
Total Wins: 204 | Stakes Wins: 7
- Jockey Ramon Vazquez finished second to Ricardo Santana Jr. in the Oaklawn standings the last three years. In 2017, he finished the meet six wins behind his rival with 47 victories, including the $125,000 Fifth Season Stakes with Domain's Rap.
- While he may be second at Oaklawn, Vazquez dominates the other tracks he rides at. In 2017, He won the Prairie Meadows title with 118 wins and held a safe lead in the Remington Park standings where he has been the leading rider the last five years.
- Through early Dec., he was among the top ten riders in the country by wins and top 30 by purse earnings.
- The son of a jockey, Vazquez graduated from the Puerto Rico Vocational Jockey School in 2002 and was both the leading rider and leading apprentice in Puerto Rico that year. He made the move to the United States in 2011 and started his career at Delaware Park. His neighbor growing up was Hall of Fame jockey John Velazquez, who he considers his biggest mentor.
- Among Vazquez’s best mounts to date is Soy Conquistador, who he piloted to victory in seven stakes victories in his native Puerto Rico. His other top mounts include Daddy Nose Best, Fortune Play and Big Sugarush.