· Two-time Oaklawn leading rider Terry Thompson, finished 2013 sixth in the standings with 27 victories.
· Among his highlights from 2013 were winning the $100,000 By the Light Stakes at Delta Downs with Dancinginthecircle, the $100,000 Iowa Distaff with Flashy American, the $100,000 Prairie Meadows Handicap with Golden Ticket and the $200,000 Remington Park Oaks with Montana Native.
· Counted an upset aboard Outta Tune in the $250,000 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap among his four Oaklawn stakes victories in 2012.
· A journeyman with more than 2,500 wins (he landed his 2,000th at Oaklawn in 2007), Thompson was a protégé of Hall of Famer Jack Van Berg at the start of his career in 1992, and today is among the regular riders for Hall of Famer D. Wayne Lukas, who gave him first Kentucky Derby mount in 2010 aboard Dublin.
- Thompson’s richest win of his career came at Oaklawn in the 2003 $500,000 Arkansas Derby, then a Grade 2 race, aboard Sir Cherokee. The following year, he earned his first Grade 1 victory aboard Island Sand in the 2004 Acorn Stakes at Belmont Park. Other top mounts in recent years include No Such Word, with whom he won five stakes in 2010, Payton d’Oro, Decelerator, Worldly, Proceed Bee, Honest Man, Just Jenda and Hurricane Ike.