Born: 04/10/74, Schuyler, Nebraska
Resides: Schuyler, Nebraska
Family: Wife Cyndi
- From a training family, Mac Robertson is the son of Chicago-based Hugh Robertson and grew up working on his parent’s Pennsylvania farm. He attended the University of Nebraska, but gave it up to work at the track.
- Robertson started out on smaller circuits and developed into a perennial leader at Canterbury Park winning his 10th title there in 2013. His success in Minnesota has helped him improve at Oaklawn incrementally in recent years and he now also takes a division to Delaware Park and competes in major races along the Mid-Atlantic region. Has been among Oaklawn’s top 10 trainers the last few years.
- Posted 28 impressive victories during the 2013 meet to earn second in the trainer standings. One of those wins came from Devil and a Half in the Arkansas Breeders’ Stakes.
- Fan favorite Win Willy, who upset the 2009 Rebel Stakes (G2) and won the 2011 Oaklawn Handicap, became a millionaire when he won the Joseph French Memorial Handicap Stakes at Delaware Park in June. At Oaklawn, he was third in both the Fifth Season Stakes and Essex Handicap.
- Other stakes winners in 2013 were Heliskier, Bryan’s Jewel and Stoupinator.