Born: Jan. 6, 1967
Total Wins: 573 | Stakes Wins: 26
- Quinonez enters his 21st straight season in Arkansas having finished among the top 10 riders at both Lone Star Park and Remington Park in 2017.
- Was inducted into the Remington Park Hall of Fame in 2017 where he has won over 1,300 races.
- After a solid second-place finish in the 2016 Arkansas Derby aboard the Donnie K. Von Hemel-trained Suddenbreakingnews, the former Oaklawn riding champ rode in his first Kentucky Derby where he was a fast closing fifth.
- In 2012, enjoyed great success with another Von Hemel trainee, Alternation, who won five stakes during the year, including the $500,000 Oaklawn Handicap and $300,000 Pimlico Special.
- He is the oldest of three jockey brothers and has made Oaklawn, Prairie Meadows and Remington his circuit in recent seasons after four dominating years as the “riding king of Minnesota” at Canterbury Park from 1995-99.
- When Luis started riding his one big goal wasn’t to win the Kentucky Derby, but rather to become a citizen of the United States. He has since reached that goal and is now a proud citizen.