Residence: Anthony, Kan.
Won two stakes at the 2016 Oaklawn meeting
- Patterson won the $100,000 Fifth Season Stakes with Street Strategy and the $100,000 Rainbow Stakes with Maize Road in 2016 at Oaklawn.
- Was introduced to racing by his mother, who took him to the track near their home, Anthony Downs, as a child and he never missed a meet until it closed in 2009.
- Patterson entered racing as an owner in 1985 by claiming a horse for $11,500 and that horse quickly earned $20,000. And, his good fortune with claimers has continued. Prior to his most successful claim with eventual Grade 1 winner Moonshine Mullin, Patterson claimed Kate’s Main Man for $35,000 he won the $100,000 Essex Handicap at Oaklawn. He won several other minor stakes and retired in 2013 with nearly $650,000 in earnings.
- The Kansas cattleman claimed Moonshine Mullin for $40,000 in November 2013, and after winning three straight races at Oaklawn in 2014, he won the Gr. 2 Alysheba Stakes at Churchill Downs on the Kentucky Derby undercard and then the Gr. 1 Stephen Foster Handicap over champion Will Take Charge.
- Purchased a 40-acre farm southwest of Hot Springs, Ark., in late 2013 and named it Cedar Run. The farm is run by his daughter, Sara, and is currently home to Moonshine Mullin, who began his stallion career in 2016, and Street Strategy, who will stand his first season in 2018.