Born: May 7, 1962 Birthplace: Canutillo, Texas
- Trainer Randy Morse has built a reputation for having an astute eye for horses. He claimed Moonshine Mullin, on behalf of owner Randy Patterson, for $40,000 in late 2013 and he retired as a Gr. 1 winner after winning the Stephen Foster Handicap.
- 2016 meet was highlighted by wins in the Fifth Season with Street Strategy and Rainbow with Maize Road.
- Trained the Oaklawn fan-favorite Jonesboro, who raced until age eight and is now standing at Lake Hamilton Equine near Hot Springs, AR. The multiple graded stakes winner won the 2008 Razorback Handicap, the 2007 Essex Handicap and 2006 Northern Spur Stakes at Oaklawn.
- Another successful claims was Morluc, who was a $50,000 claim and went on to earn over $1 million. He also paid $50,000 to claim Prospector’s Song, winner of the Spring Fever, Dixie Belle and Martha Washington stakes at Oaklawn.
- Morse is the son of trainer W.R. “Charlie” Morse. He grew up on the race track, handling all the backstretch jobs of hot walker, groom, foreman, stable agent and at 15, was galloping horses.