Born: 4/2/71, Santa Clara, Calif.
- Trainer Ingrid Mason is off to her best start at Oaklawn since 2010 – her first season in Hot Springs – when she compiled a sparkling 9-1-2 record from 21 starters. Through Jan. 26, 2018, Mason was tied for first in the standings with Doug O’Neill with five victories from 17 starters.
- Mason, who finished 2017 in a three-way tie with Randy Morse and Kenny Smith for 10th in the standings with 11 wins, has won multiple Oaklawn stakes with the fillies Sarah Sis and Marquee Miss.
- Sarah Sis gave Mason her first career graded stakes victory when she won the 2015 Honeybee Stakes and then went on to win four other graded stakes, including the 2015 $250,000 Raven Run Stakes (G2) at Keeneland and 2016 $400,000 Presque Isle Downs Masters (G2).
- Marquee Miss won the 2016 Dixie Belle and Martha Washington Stakes and remains in training in 2018.
- Mason picked out Sarah Sis and Marquee Miss for Oklahoma owner Joe Ragsdale, who paid $20,000 for the fillies at OBS’ June sale of 2-year-olds.
- Traveled to Dubai, United Arab Emirates, in the early 1990s to work as an exercise rider for Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, part of the country’s ruling family.
- Mason, who grew up in northern California, won nine races as a jockey in the United States before taking out her trainer’s license and saddling her first career winner in 2005.
- Set yearly career highs for victories (56) in 2014 and purse earnings ($1,423,022) in 2016.
- Mason’s first career stakes victory came in December 2009 at Sam Houston Race Park with Crook’s Bodgit in the $100,000 Star of Texas. Encouraged by Coby Tresner, owner of Crook’s Bodgit, Mason decided to winter in Hot Springs for the first time in 2010.