Place of Birth: Little Rock, Arkansas
Residence: Little Rock, Arkansas
Family: Wife Sandy; Sons Scott and Steve Jr.
- Steve Landers is a native Arkansan, who at the age of 17 started selling cars for Rebsamen Ford in Little Rock. That same year, he married his wife Sandy. Landers has been in the car business for a more than forty years and currently as President of Landers Toyota in Little Rock and Hot Springs.
- Was President of the South Central Region at United Auto Group, where he was responsible for all of UAG’s operations in Arkansas, Texas, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Mississippi. Landers oversaw the acquisition of an additional 21 dealerships in his region for UAG before leaving in 2003 and purchasing his Toyota dealership.
- Landers has been part of partnerships or solely owned horses in the past during the Oaklawn meet, but decided to get more involved in the business in 2014.
- His horses started the meet strong in 2014 with five wins through the first seven days of racing, including three wins on opening day.
- Has teamed with trainer Brad Cox the last two years and among their best horses was Dazzling Gem, third in the Louisiana Derby and fourth in the Arkansas Derby. Overall, his stable won 26 races in 2016.