Born: Aug. 22, 1987
Total Wins: 90 | Stakes Wins: 11
- Jockey Channing Hill once again finished among Oaklawn's top 10 riders in 2017 with 16 wins, including the $150,000 Smarty Jones Stakes aboard Uncontested and $125,000 Spring Fever with Kathballu.
- Top mount in 2017 was the 3-year-old filly Farrell trained by his father-in-law Wayne Catalano. Hill rode her to four stakes wins, including the Chilukki Stakes (G2) over older females.
- A native of Nebraska, the 2005 Eclipse Award finalist for Outstanding Apprentice Jockey, got his start at Prairie Meadows when he was 16, riding full time during the summers while still in high school. After graduating in 2005, he made the move to New York and made his career riding there and in New Jersey.
- The biggest win of his career came in 2008 when he rode First Defense to victory in the Grade 1 Forego Handicap at Saratoga. That same year, he also won the Black Eyed Susan (G2) with Sweet Vendetta and the Barbara Fritchie Handicap (G2) with Golden Dawn.
- Hill and his wife, Shelbi, have two sons, Wayllen, born Kentucky Oaks Day 2014, and Sawyer, born in June 2017.