Born: Nov. 23, 1960
Total Wins: 642 | Stakes Wins: 31
- The leading rider at Oaklawn in 2000, Jon Court finished 2017 with 27 victories, including the Nodouble and Arkansas Breeders' Stakes aboard Racer.
- Highlight of 2017 was riding Oaklawn maiden winner Colonelsdarktemper to victory in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (G3) for his father-in-law trainer Jinks Fires.
- Reached the 4,000 win milestone Dec. 3, 2016 at Turfway Park.
- Won back-to-back Arkansas Derbys in 2010 and 2011 with Line of David and Archarcharch, respectively.
- Court grew up around horses in Florida, but got his start riding in Colorado in 1980. He later rode in Louisiana for 12 years before setting up shop in the Midwest where he was a perennial leading rider at Ellis Park and Hoosier. He moved to California in 2004 and was among the riders featured in the TV show “Jockey” before returning to the Midwest in 2009.
- Top mounts are 2013 Rebel Stakes winner and champion Will Take Charge, 2003 Japan Cup Dirt winner Fleetstreet Dancer and 2005 champion turf horse Leroidesanimeaux.
- Was honored with the 2007 George Woolf Award.