Born: November 23, 1960
Birthplace: Gainsville, Fla.
Family: wife Krystal, daughters Donielle and Aubrey, sons Justin and Aaron
- The leading rider at Oaklawn in 2000, Jon Court finished 2016 with 29 victories, including the Smarty Jones Stakes aboard Discreetness and the Gazebo Stakes with Will Munnings. Both horses were trained by his father-in-law Jinks Fires.
- Spent a good part of 2016 on the sidelines, but returned to action at Churchill’s Nov. meet. He reached the 4,000 win milestone Dec. 3 at Turfway Park.
- Won back-to-back Arkansas Derbys in 2010 and 2011 with Line of David and Archarcharch, respectively.
- Court grew up around horses in Florida, but got his start riding in Colorado in 1980. He later rode in Louisiana for 12 years before setting up shop in the Midwest where he was a perennial leading rider at Ellis Park and Hoosier. He moved to California in 2004 and was among the riders featured in the TV show “Jockey” before returning to the Midwest in 2009.
- Top mounts are 2013 Rebel Stakes winner and champion Will Take Charge, 2003 Japan Cup Dirt winner Fleetstreet Dancer and 2005 champion turf horse Leroidesanimeaux.
- Was honored with the 2007 George Woolf Award.