Resides: Brazil, Ind.
- Clawson was Oaklawn’s leading apprentice through Feb. 10, the 18th day of racing, with two victories.
- Clawson, who turned 20 Jan. 17, worked as an exercise rider for trainer Kellyn Gorder at the 2016 Oaklawn meeting before riding her first race June 11 at Churchill Downs.
- Clawson won her first race (third career mount) June 17 at Churchill Downs aboard the Gorder-trained Street Thunder. Gorder also put the jockey on her second career winner July 10 at Ellis Park.
- Finished 2016 with six victories from 97 starts and purse earnings of $181,647.
- Decided to try Oaklawn because several Kentucky trainers she rode for last year are wintering in Hot Springs, including Randy Morse, Lynn Whiting, Gorder and Gorder’s former assistant, Johnny Ortiz.
- Both Oaklawn winners through Feb. 5 were for Morse – Rippin Ride Jan. 29 and Nicky Numbers Feb. 2, the jockey's eighth career victory.
- Clawson, who grew up in Mesa, Ariz., said she has been around horses most of her life and wanted to become a jockey in 2009.
- Will have a 7-pound weight allowance until her 35th career winner.
- Agent is “Big Steve” Krajcir of Hot Springs, who also represents Hall of Famer Calvin Borel and 2000 Oaklawn riding champion Jon Court.