Born: Oct. 2, 1973
Total Wins: 323 | Stakes Wins: 11
- Jockey Alex Birzer won 14 races at the 2018 Oaklawn meeting. He finished among the top 10 riders at the 2017 meeting, winning 28 races, including two stakes with Chanel's Legacy – the Dixie Belle and Martha Washington. The pair also finished second in the Fantasy Stakes (G3).
- The highlight of 2017 for Birzer was reaching 3,000 career North American victories Feb. 26 at Oaklawn aboard Numancia.
- A son of the nation’s heartland, Birzer is a veteran jockey who has spring-boarded successful Oaklawn meets into dominating performances at other tracks. He led the standings four times at The Woodlands outside Kansas City, Kan. and holds four titles at Prairie Meadows where he hit the 2,000-win milestone June 4, 2010.
- One of Birzer’s top horses was Patton’s Victory who gave him his first career graded stakes tally in the 2003 Fifth Season at Oaklawn. He teamed with that horse to win the $75,000 Prairie Meadows Handicap and $50,000 Precisionist, as well.
- On Aug. 15, 1997, Birzer won six of his eight races at Columbus in Nebraska. The riding feat came the day after his daughter Jordan LeAnn was born. Birzer’s son, Brett, rode six races at the 2018 Oaklawn meeting.